We are getting closer to being done with the barn. The inside stalls were framed up and need padded to keep the deer off the metal, and one more roof section needs finished. We’ve got the fencing ready to put up and should be doing that next weekend. I attended my first deer rehab classContinue reading “Barn Update!”
Getting closer to fawn season. We have a few more items to frame up and secure on the barn. This week we are buying fence and installing the first pen. I’ve setup an Amazon wishlist for anyone who wished to donate supplies. ♥️thank you♥️ https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/32M2DIEY6383?ref_=wl_share
Had a dry enough day to start on the deer barn. Half will be intake/supply area and the rest will be a run in section for the fawns to get out of the weather. Footers set in concrete and tomorrow we should be able to frame up fairly quickly.
We purchased our first materials for the run-in deer barn. Planning on 10×14′ with room for a medical table and intake stall, with the rest of the space covered for the deer shelter and feed. Very excited this is our first big step for the rescue!
$10 for a trio – Stock from McMurray Hatchery Sussex, Wyandotte, Maran, Buff Orphington, Aracauna and Patridge Cochin Mix Several pure-bred Marans Several pure-bred Wyandottes Original Stock:
Yellowstone was an amazing 7 days and 6 nights. It was excellent and vast, scenery like I had never seen before. Not quite ready to move on out there yet, but it was definitely wild and I can see the appeal to moving out west. We didn’t camp, but were glad we did not with howContinue reading “Part 1 – Yellowstone”
Things are slowing down a little bit around our place, I have started my MBA program at SWU and Clay is working extra hours at John Deere. We were both sick with upper respiratory problems for a week and are now pretty much healed up. The garden is finishing out for the year due toContinue reading “Snakes and Updates”
The Deere engine swap is completed, and it’s running pretty great. Clay still has a few adjustments to make overall to get a little more power to go up our steep back hills easier. Link is a video below of Clay running the new mower: Caution – slightly loud!!! Dirty Deere Mower Test Run OtherContinue reading “Busy Summer”
I’m really impressed with Clay’s engine swap, he’s successfully swapped the good engine in the grasshopper, Kubota 25hp diesel, into the John Deere. There was almost an issue with the driveshaft, but he was able to machine new holes for the mount. All of the electrical had to be reconnected/rewired. Too many switches. John DeereContinue reading “JD Engine Swap – ‘Dirty’ Deere”